Here are ten things that directly impacted the success of my web design business:
- Build sales leads through face-to-face in person networking.
- Accept credit cards online.
- Require 50% payment in advance before starting a project.
- People will respect you more if you charge them what you’re worth.
- Spend equal amounts of time developing your own projects.
- Track your profit and loss scrupulously.
- Lock in repeat services like web hosting.
- Build a network of reliable outsource vendors.
- Establish referral partnerships.
- Find a product you can deliver and focus on it.
I started this as an email in response to an article on kevinboss.net and it morphed into its own blog post. You can read Kevin’s article in full at: